Followers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 4 of Day 100

YOGA :D It was just like someone would have predicted. I felt light, balance and in balance. I tried to get to the gym about 30 minutes before the 11am class in hopes of working out a sweat before the class, but couldn't due to scheduling issues with my husband. Well it is probably a good thing I did not, because Yoga was certainly tougher than I thought. The balancing poses I found easier for me because I have fairly strong core, but it was incredible how important focusing and concentration was as well. The stretching and holding poses where more challenging and it was a reminder that I have to stretch deeper after workouts. I was in tune and harmony with my breathing which was so important and after the 1st half hour the class flew by. I was remembering the sequence to all the moves so my movements flowed, one after another.

The first 11 minutes of the class, I was wondering why am I doing this again -- but I know it was because I was feeling intimidate of the pace. Slow, so much instruction at first -- where is the burn? The sweat, I wondered? Well it came -- a different burn than doing High Interval Intensity Training or pumping iron - but it was there. Fantastic class and after it I was way to relaxed to get in that cardio session :D And although I did not burn tons of calories... I was curious wore my HR monitor (I burned 165 calories in an hr)the class was so worth it. You may find me there next week, same time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment