Thursday, July 2, 2009
Today is just one of those afternoons where the to do list keep getting longer, but you do not fell like tackling it. So I am surfing the net instead and decided to post this recipe I found on a follower on Twitter. Yes I am twitting :)
Take a look at this yummy, yet easy breakfast.
• 1 Cup Oatmeal
• 1 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
• 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
• 2 tbsp Fat Free Milk
• 1-2 scoops Protein Powder
• Fruit (blueberries, bananas) if you desire
1. In blender combine oatmeal, egg whites, cottage cheese, milk, protein powder, and fruit.
2. Blend until creamy, and looks like pancake batter. If mixture is too thick, add more fat free milk or water as necessary.
3. Heat griddle or non-stick pan on medium heat.
4. Pour pancake batter onto pan/griddle - cook each side of pancakes for about 4-6 minutes (depends on your griddle).
5. Take pancakes off once cooked and allow to cool.
6. Serve with sugar-free syrup or your favorite fruit topping.
There are a couple of other breakfast recipes for anyone who is interested. Here is the direct link: http://www.womensabworkout.com/flat_stomach_diet/three-quick-healthy-breakfast-options/