Lately I have been feeling a little worn down and I am not sure if it is the stress of my move or not but I am starting to notice symptoms in my body that were not there a few days ago. Like my tongue for one..... It feels swollen, and in fact yesterday I bit it twice. I can feel my tongue - not quite tingling, but it is there and it feels off. While looking for information on my symptoms if you will, I found something else that I thought would be great to share. As I was reading them I realized theses are smptoms that millions are probably taking for granted.
I have to re-evualate my sypmtoms because I really think there are some underlying issues and concerns that I have to look at. I'll be consultaing with another Nutrutional Consultant as well. Just have to monitor the symtoms and see if they go away after my move - and monitor to see if they get an worse.
But detoxification is a big one and one that I recommend to people who are looking to lose weight because for many it gets to the ROOT OF THE CAUSE of WHY THEY CAN NOT LOSE the weight in the FIRST PLACE. Toxins in their body are not allowing them to lose weight. Interesting read that I found so I thought I would share.
Many thousands of patients suffering from almost any kind of illness, including terminal diseases have been found to have large numbers of gallstones in the liver and in many cases, also in the gallbladder. By eliminating these stones through the liver flush and introducing simple health-forming habits and supportive measures, these persons have recovered from diseases that have defied both conventional and alternative methods of treatment".
What follows is a description of some of the most common signs indicating the presence of gallstones in the liver and gallbladder. If you have any of them, you are most likely to derive great benefits from flushing your liver and gallbladder. In my practice, I have found these indications to be highly accurate. In case you are not sure whether you have stones or not, it may be useful to cleanse the liver anyway; it can improve your health significantly, regardless. There is an old saying: "The proof of the pudding is in eating"." The only way to prove to yourself that you have gallstones is to do the liver flush. You will discover that by removing all the stones, the symptoms of disease will gradually disappear and health will return to normal. Especially Digestion Health".
Signs & Marks
"The skin’s major function is to continuously adjust our internal body to the ever-changing external environment, i.e., temperature, humidity, dryness, light, etc. In addition, it is there to protect us against injury, microbes and other harmful agents. Apart from having to deal with these external influences, the skin also monitors and changes according to internal changes taking place within the body. Accordingly, the skin reflects the condition of the emotions, organs and body fluids, including the blood and lymph. Any long-term abnormal functioning of the body will inevitably show up in the skin as eczema, skin blemishes, discoloration or changed condition, such as dryness, oiliness, wrinkles, lines, etc. Almost all skin disorders have their root in an imbalanced emotions, bowel & liver conditions. Gallstones lead to circulatory disorders, which reduce the nutrient supply to, and waste removal from, the skin and prevent healthy development and normal turnover cycles of skin cells. The following marks are particularly indicative of gallstones in the liver and gallbladder";
* Black Spots and small or large brown patches that are the color of freckles or moles. They usually appear on the right or left side of the forehead, between the eyebrows or under the eyes. They may also show up just above the right shoulder or between the shoulder blades. Most prominent are the so-called liver spots on the back of the hands and forearms, often seen among middle-aged and elderly people. If gallstones, spontaneously excreted by the gallbladder, get caught in the colon, such spots may also appear in the area where the thumb and index finger meet. The liver spots usually start fading after the majority of stones are removed from the liver and gallbladder. Most people assume that the liver spots are due to sun damage and "normal" aging. This is a myth. Liver spots, as the name suggests come from the liver. Sun exposure merely brings to the surface of the skin any existing acidic waste deposits.
* Vertical Wrinkles between the eyebrows. There may be one line or two, sometimes three lines in this region: These lines or wrinkles, which are not a part of natural aging, indicate an accumulation of many gallstones in the liver. They show that the liver is enlarged and has hardened. The deeper and longer the wrinkles are, the more progressed the deterioration of liver function is. A line near the right eyebrow also indicates congestion in the spleen. Furthermore, the vertical lines represent a great deal of repressed frustration and anger. Anger arises when gallstones prevent proper bile flow. A bilious nature is one that keeps toxins trapped – toxins that the liver tries to eliminate via bile. Vice versa, anger can trigger gallstone formation. If white or yellow patches accompany the wrinkles, there may be a cyst or tumor developing in the liver. Pimples or growth of hair between eyebrows, with or without wrinkles, indicate that liver, gallbladder and spleen are affected.
* Horizontal wrinkles across the bridge of the nose. These are a sign of pancreatic disorders due to gallstones in the liver. If a line is very deep and pronounced, there may be pancreatitis or diabetes.
* Green or dark color of the temple area at the sides of the head. This shows that the liver, gallbladder, pancreas and spleen are underactive due to deposits of gallstones in both the liver and gallbladder. This may be accompanied by a green or blue color on either sides of the bridge of the nose, which indicates impaired spleen functions. A horizontal line across the bridge of the nose implies weakness of the pancreas.
* Oily skin in the area of the forehead. This reflects poor liver performance due to gallstones. The same applies to excessive perspiration in this part of the head. A yellow color of the facial skin indicates disorders of the bile functions of the liver and gallbladder and a weakness of the pancreas, kidneys and excretory organs.
* Hair loss in the central region of the head. This mark indicates that the liver, heart, small intestines, pancreas and reproductive organs are becoming increasingly congested and aggravated. There is a tendency to develop cardiovascular disease, chronic digestive problems, and formation of cysts and tumors. Early graying of hair shows that the liver and gallbladder functions are underactive.
* Hardening and thickening at the tip of the nose. This indicates chronic liver weakness, resulting in hardening of the arteries and accumulation of fat around the heart, liver, spleen. Kidneys and prostate glands. If the enlargement is excessive and blood vessels are visible, a heart attack or stroke may be imminent.
* The nose is constantly red. This condition shows an abnormal condition of the heart, with tendency towards high blood pressure (hypertension). A purple nose indicates low blood pressure. Both conditions are due to imbalanced liver, digestive and kidney functions.
* Cleft nose or indentation of the tip of the nose. This mark indicates irregular heartbeat and heart murmur. If one half of the cleft nose is larger than the other, this shows that one side of the heart is abnormally enlarged. Arrhythmia and panic attacks may accompany this condition. There may be severe lymphatic congestion caused by digestive disorders such as constipation, colitis, stomach ulcer, etc. Liver functions are subdued because of large amounts of gallstones cutting off blood supply to liver cells. Bile secretions are insufficient. Liver flushing may even see the cleft disappear.
* The nose is bending towards the left. Unless caused by an accident, this asymmetric shape of the nose implies that the organs on the right hand side of the body are underactive. These include liver, gallbladder, right kidney, ascending colon, right ovary or testicle and the right side of the brain. The main cause for this condition is an accumulation of gallstones in the liver and gallbladder (the nose is likely to return to center once the stones are removed).
* The Eyes. Skin color under the eyes is yellowish. This indicates that the liver and gallbladder are overactive. A dark, even black color in the same area results when the kidneys, bladder and reproductive organs are overtaxed because of a prolonged disorder of the digestive system. A grayish, pale color occurs if the kidneys and, occasionally, the lungs are malfunctioning to improper lymph drainage from these organs. Also the endocrine system may be affected.
* Water-containing bags under the lower eyelids. These are formed due to congestion in the digestive and excretory organs, affecting proper lymph drainage from the head area. If these eye bags are chronic and contain fat, this points towards the presence of inflammation, cysts and, possibly, tumors in the bladder, ovaries, Fallopian tubes, uterus and prostate.
* A white cloud covers the pupil of the eye. The cloud consists mostly of mucous and degenerate protein particles. It indicates the development of cataracts brought about by longstanding poor liver and digestive performance.
* Constant redness in the white of the eye. This condition is caused by protrusion of capillaries, indicating disorders in the circulatory and respiratory functions. White/yellow mucous patches in the white of the eye show that the body is accumulating abnormal amounts of fatty substances because the liver and gallbladder have accumulated large amounts of gallstones. When this occurs, there is a tendency towards developing cysts, benign and malignant tumors.
* A thick white line is covering parts of the periphery of the iris, particularly the lower parts. This indicates accumulation of large amounts of cholesterol in the blood circulatory system. There is also major congestion and fat retention in the lymphatic system.
* The eyes have lost their natural luster and shininess. This signals that both the liver and kidneys are congested and unable to filter the blood properly. "Dirty" blood, loaded with toxins or waste products, is heavier and more sluggish than clean blood. The thickened blood slows circulation and reduces oxygen and nutrient supply to the cells and organs, including the eyes. If this condition persists, the cells will deteriorate and inevitably age or die off. The eye and brain cells are especially affected because the blood has to flow against gravity to reach them. Most vision problems are the direct or indirect result of reduced blood-cleansing capacity by the liver and kidneys. Clean and nutrient-rich blood from a healthy, efficient liver can flow easily and nourish the eye tissues better, and thereby improve most eye-problems.
* The Tongue, Mouth, Lips and Teeth. The tongue is coated yellow/white, especially in the back part. This indicates and imbalance in the secretion of bile, which is the major cause of digestive trouble. Toxic residues of undigested and fermented or putrefied food linger in the intestinal tract. This blocks lymph flow in the thoracic duct and prevents toxins and microbes in the throat and mouth area from being removed.
* Teeth impressions on the sides of the tongue, often accompanied with white mucous discharge. This indicates weak digestion and inadequate absorption of nutrients from the small intestine.
* Pimples on the tongue. They are indicative of poor digestion and presence of fermenting and putrefying food in both the small and large intestines.
* Cracks on the tongue. These are signs of long-term colon trouble. Food is not mixed sufficiently with bile, which permits toxic acids to injure and derange the colon walls. There may be little or no mucous discharge on the tongue.
* Repeated mucous discharge into the throat and mouth. Bile may regurgitate into the stomach, thereby irritating its protective lining and causing excessive mucous production. Some of the bile and mucous may reach the mouth area. This can create a bad taste (bitter) in the mouth and give rise to frequent attempts of clearing the throat, which at times involves coughing. Mucous discharge without bitter taste results when food is not digested properly and toxins are generated. The mucous helps to trap and neutralize some of these toxins, but as a side effect, it causes congestion.
* Poor breath and frequent burping. Both signs point towards presence of undigested, fermenting or putrefying food in the GI tract. Bacteria acting on the waste material produce gases which can be very toxic at times, hence, the bad odor emanating from the breath.
* Crust formations at the corners of the mouth. This indicates the presence of duodenal ulcers, caused by regurgitation of bile into the stomach, or other reasons discussed earlier. Ulcers in various parts of the mouth or tongue show that inflammation or ulceration is occurring in the corresponding parts of the GI tract. For example, a mouth ulcer on the outside parts of your lower lip points to the presence ulcer lesions in the large intestine. Herpes on the lip corresponds to more severe inflammation and ulceration of the intestinal wall.
* Dark spots or patches on the lips. These marks occur when obstructions in the liver, gallbladder and kidneys have resulted in slowness and stagnation of blood circulation and lymph drainage throughout the body. There may be advanced, abnormal constriction of blood capillaries. If the color of the lips is reddish (dark) or purple, this indicates that heart, lungs and respiratory functions are subdued.
* Swollen or expanded lips. This condition indicates intestinal disorders. If the lower lip is swollen, the colon suffers constipation, diarrhea or both, in alternation. Toxic gases are formed from improperly digested foods, which gives rise to bloating and abdominal discomfort. A swollen or enlarged upper lip indicates stomach problems, including indigestion, frequently accompanied by "heartburn." An abnormal, tightly closed mouth shows that a person suffers from disorders of the liver, gallbladder and, possibly, the kidneys. If the lower lip is dry, peels and splits easily, there may either be chronic constipation or diarrhea, and large amounts of toxic acids prevalent in the colon. This condition is accompanied by advanced dehydration of colon cells.
* Swollen, sensitive or bleeding gums. Any of these symptoms occur when lymph drainage from the mouth area is inefficient due to intestinal lymph congestion. There is an overload of acid compounds in the blood. Inflammation deep in the throat, with or without swelling of the tonsils, is also caused by lymphatic blockage. Tonsillitis, which often occurs among children, is a sign of constant retention of toxins contained in the lymph fluids, and back-flushing of waste from the GI tract into the tonsils.
* Tooth problems are generally caused by nutritional imbalance. Poor digestion and overconsumption of refined, processed and highly acid-forming foods, such as sugar, chocolate, meat, cheese, coffee, soda, etc., deplete the body of minerals and vitamins. Adults usually have 32 teeth. Each tooth corresponds to a vertebra of the spine and each vertebra is connected to a major organ or gland. If any of the four canines are decaying, for example, it indicates the presence of gallstones in the liver and gallbladder. A yellow color of the teeth and the canines in particular, indicates presence of toxins in the organs located in the mid-abdominal region, i.e., the liver, gallbladder, stomach, pancreas and spleen. Bacteria are not the cause of tooth decay. They only attack tooth tissue that already has an unbalanced acid/alkali ratio. Proper saliva secretions also play a major role in the protection of the teeth. Truly healthy teeth last a lifetime and are maintained by a healthy digestive system.
* Hands, Nails and Feet. White fatty skin on the fingertips is a sign of dysfunctional digestive and lymphatic systems. In addition, the liver and kidneys may be forming cysts and tumors. There is discharge of excessive sugar and fats.
* Dark red fingernails point toward a high content of cholesterol, fatty acids and minerals in the blood. The liver, gallbladder and spleen are congested and underactive, and all excretory functions are overburdened with waste products. Whitish nails indicate accumulation of fat and mucous in and around the heart, liver, pancreas, prostate or ovaries. This condition is accompanied by poor blood circulation and low hemoglobin levels (anemia).
* Vertical ridges in the fingernails generally indicate poor absorption of food and disruption of important digestive, liver and kidney functions. There may be general fatigue. Strong vertical ridges on the thumbnails, possibly with split ends, show that the functions of the testicles are ovaries are in disorder, caused by ineffectiveness of the digestive and circulatory systems. Horizontal indentations in the nails show unusual and drastic changes in dietary habits. White dots on the nails show excessive elimination of sugars from various food sources, accompanied by loss of calcium or zinc.
* Hard protrusion at the ball of the foot. This condition shows progressive hardening of organs located in the middle of the body, including the liver, stomach, pancreas, and spleen. It points to accumulation of numerous gallstones in the liver and gallbladder. It also is a sign of physical and mental rigidity, with tendency toward domination, prejudice and jealousy.
* A yellow color of feet indicates accumulation of many gallstones in the liver and gallbladder. If the color of any part of the feet is green, spleen and lymph functions are severely disrupted, which may lead to cysts, benign and malignant tumors.
* Hardness at the tip of the fourth toe or a callous in the area under the fourth toe. This symptom shows that gallbladder functions are stagnant. General rigidity, bent condition, and pain in fourth toe imply a long history of gallstones in the gallbladder and liver.
* Curving of the first toe. If the large toe curves inward towards the second toe, it shows that the liver functions are subdued due to the presence of gallstones in the liver bile ducts. At the same time, spleen and lymphatic functions are overactive due to the accumulation of toxic resides from inadequately digested foods, metabolic waste and cellular debris.
* White color and rugged surfaces on the fourth and fifth toenails. This indicates poor performance of the liver and gallbladder, as well as the kidneys and urinary bladder.
* The Constitution of Fecal Matter. The stool or fecal matter emits sharp, sour or penetrative odor. This indicates that food is not digested properly. Fermented and putrefied food and presence of large amounts of "unfriendly" bacteria in the feces give rise to an abnormal odor and sticky texture. Normal stool is coated with a thin mucous lining, which prevents the anus from being soiled.
* Dry and hard stools are an indication of constipation and so are sticky stools. Diarrhea is yet another sign of weak performance of the digestive system and the liver, in particular.
* The feces look pale or clay-colored. This is another indication of poor liver performance (bile gives the stool its natural brown color). If the stool floats, large amounts of undigested fats are contained in it, making it lighter than water.
* Conclusion. There may be many more signs and symptoms indicating the presence of gallstones in the liver and gallbladder than lose listed above. Pain in the right shoulder, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, numbness in the legs, and sciatica, for example, may have no obvious relation to gallstones in the liver. Yet, by removing gallstones, these conditions usually disappear.
* The body is a network of information, and every part influences and communicates with every other part. Seemingly insignificant marks or signs on the skin, in the eyes, or on the toe may be the harbingers of serious health issues. By recognizing them and cleansing the liver and gallbladder, in concert with adopting a healthy regimen of diet and lifestyle, the signs of wellness and vitality begin to reappear. To prevent illness and make permanent health a practical reality in your life, it is important to understand what actually causes gallstones in the first place.
TO REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT ACTUALLY CAUSES GALLSTONES IN THE FIRST PLACE AND A COMPLETE PROGRAM FOR REJUVINATING YOUR LIVER AND GALL BLADDER PLEASE PURCHASE A COPY OF "THE AMAZING LIVER & GALLBLADDER FLUSH" BY author ANDREAS MORITZ AT YOUR NEAREST BOOKSTORE, CHAPTERS/INDIGO BOOKS OR AMAZON.COM.
In conclusion, the vitality and youthful appearance your re-gain by taking the time to learn about this most important health function is worth the time and effort. It adds amazing youthful vitality and a spring in your step.
To aid your Detoxification Process further here are six steps to a complete detoxification awareness program and they are:
1. Drink Adequate Amounts of Purified non-fluoridated water: To determine your personal Water Intake use this snappy formula:
l. Weight in pounds________/2
2. Result is recommended water intake in ounces.
3. Number of ounces ________________/8 = ______________glasses of simply pure water per day.
For each cup of coffee or tea add an additional 8 oz of water.
2. Heavy Metal Detoxification: Heavy metals can wreak havoc with the hormonal and immune systems. Heavy metals include: Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic and Nickel. Many people suffer from chronic disease because of heavy metal toxicity. Unless appropriate detoxification strategies are employed, the liver and other organs of the body will be functioning at a sub-optimal rate. Dental fillings are the leading source of mercury toxicity. Mercury is a cell toxin that can disrupt the functioning of the entire hormonal system. The thyroid, hypothalamus and pituitary glands are very sensitive to Mercury. Mercury and other heavy metal detoxification requires extreme care and close monitoring. Monitoring should include measurement of pre- and post- levels of heavy metals to check progress. Urine Challenge tests including the use of DMSA, DMPS, and Glutathione. Supplements that are helpful in the detoxification process include: cilantro, Vitamin C, selenium, fruit pectins, garlic, and chlorella or other green food supplements.
3. Improving the Diet: Eating a clean diet, free of pesticides and hormones, is a must for a detoxification program. I encourage my customers to eat whole foods, with adequate amounts of protein. Eliminating the "whites" –refined sugar, refined flour, and refined salt—will help any health condition and help any detoxification program greatly. Include a healthy home made soup every day – starting with soup bones, yams or sweet potatoes and plenty of parsley and cilantro and a dash of sea vegetables. This will insure high quality food sources of vitamins, minerals, calcium and iodine. A hot whole grain breakfast cereal gets you off to a roaring good start. Eliminate all dairy products and rotate, rice milk, almond milk, hemp milk and soy milk every four days to avoid allergens. Everyone’s Endocrine systems and the environment will benefit by trying to purchase bulk whole foods that have a limited amount of plastic. If at all possible use a composter for veggie peels. What a great way to clean up your body and environment all at one time. Mother Earth is our perfect Health Balance.
4. Use only Naturally Scented Essential Oils or Fragrances: The sense of Smell is a powerful mood generator. Memories are recalled by a simple whiff …the smell of cinnamon or baking bread can take us back to our childhood kitchen in a flash. One often over-looked area is the area of perfumes used in all personal care and household cleaning products. Wherever possible try to avoid all types of artificial scents, cleaning products and personal care products. So many allergies can be eliminated by carefully choosing what to put on our skin and into our atmosphere. A male friend who was highly affected by artificial and natural scents suggested that we "taste our skin". Intimate encounters of all types even a hug from a personal friend can leave us with a lingering scent that can literally upset our physical and emotional balance for the rest of the day. Everyone needs to be highly aware of how their scent …affects their immediate and world at large. With so many people on the planet we need to be highly aware of our precious Breath of Life….Do your part to smell the roses …naturally. Essential oils of orange, lemon, rose and many others are wonderful when added to Almond or Jojoba oil for a moisturizing body rub.
5. Sweating: The ability to sweat is often impaired in many individuals with chronic illness. Re-training the body to sweat is essential to stimulating the detoxification pathways of the body. An infrared or traditional sauna can be a real aid to this process. Rubbing hydrogen peroxide on the skin, 10 minutes before a shower will stimulate the sweat glands and the lymph system. You can also add 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide to the bath water to help (the optimum amount of food grade hydrogen peroxide will make the hairs on your skin bubble). Visit the www for the many ways hydrogen peroxide can be used to detoxify your body, home and even help your garden grow. Be sure to have specific instructions before using food grade hydrogen peroxide as it can be hazardous to your health if the dilutions are inaccurate.
6. A liver flush like the one outlined in Andreas Moritz’ book is a remarkable tool to help the body detoxify itself. Many times chronic illness will not improve until the liver is cleared of toxins. Flushing the liver of toxins can help improve the liver’s ability to filter out harmful chemicals, activate and deactivate hormones, release and store glucose, increase the body’s metabolism, improve digestion, and improve the functioning of the immune system. Begin a liver flush by cleaning up the diet. As previously mentioned, this can be done by removing the "whites" in the diet (white sugar, flour, and salt). Substitute only whole foods and drink adequate amounts of filtered water. Having a massage therapist do a lymphatic drainage technique is also helpful. There are many items that are helpful for a liver flush. It is advisable to work with a skilled health care practitioner when instituting a liver flush. You will get the best results when someone is there to guide you especially when using supplements to aid the liver. Renew Life Liver & Bowel cleanses and many other reputable products are available to simply detoxification. www.RenewLife.com for the many detoxification kits available or drop by your local Health Food store where advise on how to use them effectively is readily available.
In conclusion the idea of detoxification can seem daunting but often it is the last resort for many people who have tried everything else. Break detoxification down into "do-able" parts that fit in Easefully to your Lifestyle. You may begin simply by taking out the "whites" and adding a pure water. A proper detoxification plan can reverse chronic illness and certainly will improve the functioning of the immune system and all the systems of the body. Two additional books to read is "Detoxify or Die" by Sherry Rogers, M.D. and "The detoxx Book" by John Foster, M.D., Patricia Kane, PhD., and Neal Speight, M.D.
I persoanlly have read the 7 day Detox Diet and think it too is a great book that I have to revisit.