Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Challenging my Mind to do GREAT THINGS :)

"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. On the edge you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
---Kurt Vonnegut


So here we are - almost at day one of my challenge of BODY FOR LIFE. I am ready!!
My husband asked me why I wanted to get in a challenge after I just finished the last one, less than a week ago. He said the improvements will not be as dramatic. Quite honestly, I do not think my previous 12 weeks were dramatic. They were good, my participation was consistent and strong but not DRAMATIC. I mean, I do not have a lot of weight to loss -- but I had the potential to change my body, from less fat to more muscle. And that is my approach now!! LEAN MUSCLE MASS!! :)

He also thought maybe I wanted to wait a while. I asked him "For what?". Let myself go a bit so my before and after pictures looked more "dramatic?" What would the point in that be? I mean, this is about consistency and progress I am not ready to take 2 steps back so my before and after pictures look different. No way. I have been eating clean and have had a couple of non-clean food s in the last 3 days, but nothing crazy. I don't like the stuff in my body anyways - not going to start now after I have been eating so well so many months just to have that WOW factor in my pictures. I want a different WOW factor. I want to see the difference, feel it, look the part of a competitor even if I will never competitor in my life. I want to look leaner with more muscle definition and really see the results through hard work.

SO this is WHY I AM doing it again and with little break.

1 comment:

  1. I think this sounds like a great plan, Nancy. You ARE a competitor, regardless of whether there is a stage present or not. Oh & yes, I'll say it since you did in your other blog... Never say NEVER, sweet heart! *wink wink* Just follow where your dreams & passions take you!

    ReplyDelete