Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A little something .......


I came across this picture today which was taken August 1st '09 at the beach with my daughter who is 3 1/2 years old. I was thinking how how much she has grown and how much I have grown as a person overall since this little creature joined my world. Now I feel like it is her world. She gives me strength to do more, be more and give more.
The other day I was thinking about how much I give and how much I sacrifice as a mom, as a wife, as a sister and sometimes as a friend. And it occurred to me, that this is what makes me unique, this is what fulfills my life and this is my purposes. But my purpose is also to take care of me. Without taking care of myself how can I support others. How can I encourage others to follow their dreams, be the best persona they can? I can't. If I am not 100% true to me and my needs, and prioritize my life, than those around me suffer. And what I have learned and what is so true is "If mom is not happy, nobodies happy". SO TRUE
So I am trying everyday to be conscious of my needs and the needs of those around me. I am grateful for what what other take for granted sometimes and even though I now I am not perfect, my life is not perfect - it is up to me to help mend and shape the "me" I want to become, both mentally and physically and sometimes even emotionally.
I encourage you all to do the same :D

No comments:

Post a Comment