Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Switch-A-Roo


So yesterday evening I started a new template for the next 3 weeks and put together 3new workouts, focusing on super setting. I even put a program for an extra shoulder day. Got to love sleek defined shoulders, right? Especially with tank top weather. My upper body is really coming along nicely and I am finding myself checking myself out in the mirror while at home. I am wearing a green tank top as we speak :)

So I have my plan laided out and spend a couple of hours in the kitchen today preparing food for the weekend. Nothing like a few bad meals on the weekend to hinder your efforts. Not happening to me. I feel so in my element now that I am in my own home. It may not be perfectly put together, still have some decor things to take care of, but we finally have our own space as a family and that is so key to my success. Feeling in control in my own home, my own kitchen, having my own home gym set up. My dear husband at 10pm put my bowflex together together. He would be disappointed to know that I stuck to the dumbbells today and my barbell. That's OK, it will be there for me tomorrow early AM. I am loving my AM workouts again, and having the freedom to run on my familiar treadmill is making my HIIT session intense.

So along with a new program I am going to switch up my meal plans and really start manipulating my foods to mirror my effort of strength training or cardio.

I am also being more active with my Nutritionist consultant degree from the College of Medicine and have been aiding some people in overcoming the own unique biochemical imbalances. I have a few people I am working closely with and many that I am helping answer questions and provide suggestions to finding a move balanced lifestyle. Such a passion of mine and I am so blessed with the knowledge and information, along with sound education of pro suing my certification. I am blessed to have the freedom and the time to do this while I am at home with my precious girl.

I need to reflect on what I am truly grateful. It is not all about physique, it is about balance. Finding the balance in my life - being supportive of myself, my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN AMEN AMEN!! This is great, Nancy. BALANCE is the ultimate thing I am always striving for. It's my ultimate goal & I wonder if I'll ever quite have 100% balance in my life or if the trick about it is that life keep changing so full healhty balance will always be a quest. I don't know if that makes sense. But I stay focused on keeping the best balance I can manage. What an amazing 1st half of the year for you; so many good things coming together for you! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete