Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

TRAINING PROGRAM DAYS 1 & 2


So I will be working on a 4 day per week strength training program (not on consecutive days) and I am pretty excited. When I first looked at the list of exercises I thought "Really? This does not seem so bad. I can do that in 25-30 minutes". Boy was I wrong!! What I started doing differently was a few exercises but most importantly really concentrating on each and every rep. Resisting the muscles on the way down for 3 seconds and lifting for 2 seconds. I could visual the muscle and each and every little muscle fiber. And my workouts have a different intensity that I never felt before. AND I LIKE IT!!!

So here was Tuesday workout of BACK & CHEST
Warm-up first back and chest exercise with 20 warm-up reps of low weight
Barbell Bent Over Row 3 sets X 15
Incline Bench Press 3 set X 15
Seated Cable Row 15, 12, 12, 15 (increasing weights as reps decreased)
Squat Bar Bench Press 3 sets X 12
Lat Pulldowns 20,15,12 (increasing weights as reps decreased)
Flat Bench Chest Flies 3 sets X 16


DAY 2 was Legs that I did today along with ABS that is prescribed 3 times per week
Warm-up squats with low weight - 20 reps
Squats 15, 12, 10 (increase weight as reps decrease)
DB Step Ups 2 sets X 20
DB Lunges 3 sets X 20
Stability Ball Hamstring Extension 3 sets X 15

Moving right into Abs:
Stability Ball Crunches 3 sets X 25
Reverse Crunches 3 sets X 10
and I threw in 2 sets of 10 on Stability Ball Pikes

So that's it - may not seem challenging but work your mind differently and your body will follow. I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment